Spanish Beginners 1
Group Online Tuition
10 weeks - Every friday at 7:30 pm
Start Date: 12th May 2023
In a global context where solidarity and communication between equals is essential, learning Spanish might help us get closer to each other and live our differences and similarities with greater understanding. The spread of the Spanish language all over the American continent, has turned it into a richer and more versatile language. Spanish is a prime material for the creation of beautiful literature, music, poetry, and movies, some of which you will encounter during the course.
For this beginners' Spanish course, no prior knowledge is needed. The student will develop a familiarity with sounds in Spanish and basic communication. The course also offers insight into the diversity of culture and societies in Spanish-speaking countries, especially in Latin América.
After ten sessions you will be able to talk about yourself and others in the simple present tense and describe basic everyday life situations, including greetings, asking and answering questions, telling the time and dates, be able to understand simple, short written texts and speech in the present tense, while getting closer to Latin American culture, arts, history and societies.
• The sounds of the Spanish alphabet (pronunciation and stress)
• Vocabulary (similar English and Spanish words)
• Basic conversation and its structure
• Greetings and introductions
• Talking about yourself and others, describing situations
• Asking about people and happenings
• Talking about time and dates
• Oral and written comprehension
• Verb To Be – Ser y Estar
• The Present tense of regular and some irregular verbs
• Nouns (gender, number and some irregular forms)
• Definite, indefinite and neutral articles
• Use of interrogatives
• Negative and affirmative words
The course will be taught by Carmen who lives in Venezuela and has served as an interpreter and translator during several international political events in Venezuela and all over the world. She is keen to help link the hearts and will of all people who struggle for self-determination. Carmen has a degree in Audiovisual Media, hence her inclination to promote solidarity through communication and language.
The course will be introduced by a free taster session happening on the 5th of May at 7.30p.m
Please join at this link.